Training on Usability/UxD

  • Gerard Meszaros
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 23, 2006
      A small client is looking for some training in how to make web-based
      applications more intuitive and effective. They are looking for
      opinions on what would constitute the most effective training in UxD
      for agile software developers or product managers/owners. The training
      we've found so far includes:

      http://www.nngroup.com/events/tutorials/interaction.html

      http://www.cooper.com/content/cooperu/classes.asp

      What are the relative merits for people who understand iterative
      development and early delivery of value. Are there any others that are
      worth considering?

      Thanks,

      Gerard
    • john.kruse43
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 25, 2006
        I have always found Jared Spool to be interesting and insightful.
        The company is called User Interface Engineering www.uie.com
        They offer seminars, more than a full training package.

        Another good company is Human Factors International, which has a
        very systematic approach. You can even get a usability analyst
        certification. www.humanfactors.com

        John Kruse

        --- In agile-usability@yahoogroups.com, "Gerard Meszaros"
        <yahoo@...> wrote:

        > A small client is looking for some training in how to make web-
        based
        > applications more intuitive and effective. They are looking for
        > opinions on what would constitute the most effective training in
        UxD
        > for agile software developers or product managers/owners. The
        training
        > we've found so far includes:
        >
        > http://www.nngroup.com/events/tutorials/interaction.html
        >
        > http://www.cooper.com/content/cooperu/classes.asp
        >
        > What are the relative merits for people who understand iterative
        > development and early delivery of value. Are there any others that
        are
        > worth considering?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Gerard

      • Jared M. Spool
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 28, 2006
          On Nov 25, 2006, at 10:37 AM, john.kruse43 wrote:

          > I have always found Jared Spool to be interesting and insightful.
          > The company is called User Interface Engineering www.uie.com
          > They offer seminars, more than a full training package.

          Thanks for the endorsement! That was very kind.

          Gerard or anyone interested in talking about training: Please feel
          free to pop me a note or call.

          Jared

          Jared M. Spool
          User Interface Engineering
          510 Turnpike St., Suite 102, North Andover, MA 01845
          e: jspool@... p: +1 978 327 5561
          http://uie.com Blog: http://uie.com/brainsparks