Agile Software Meetup Group

  • jdmcauliffe2002
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2006
      I've started a Meetup group on Agile software in Boulder. I think this
      is a cool concept. The website handles the coordination of members,
      meetings, polls, message boards. My goal is to get folks together
      talking about agile - what is working for them, and what isn't. It
      could be a kind of agile support group. I see a lot of sharing of
      ideas, showing demos of what is working or not, and basically just
      people helping people. Newbies to experienced folks are welcome. We
      will use the open space concept - whoever shows up are the right
      people, whatever we talk about is the only thing that could happen. We
      can break up into groups or stay as one to discuss the important
      things on peoples minds. I think testing is always on teams minds so I
      hope we talk about this a lot!

      There is one other Meetup agile group in Fayetteville, AR.

      Here is a link to join the Boulder group.
      http://agile.meetup.com/24/

      To start you own local group go to
      http://www.meetup.com/create/?ic=sn1
      It does cost a small nominal fee per month to create a group, but
      doesn't to join a group. I've paid the fee for a month. Meetup
      suggests that maybe members split the costs or maybe we could get
      sponsorship from some of the alliances :)

      We could create a meetup of meetup owners to share ideas on how to
      make our agile meetups more effective.

      Feel free to contact me at jean.mcauliffe@... if you want to
      get more information. We are having our first meeting on Oct 19th.
      I'll keep you posted if you are interested in seeing how this goes in
      Boulder.

      Jean