Re: References on Activity Theory, Activity Analysis, Activity Centred Design?

  • Jason Yip
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 2006

      How about Acting with Technology?

      http://tinyurl.com/hm63v

      --- In agile-usability@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Constantine"
      <lconstantine@...> wrote:

      > Jason,
      >
      > I would start with:
      >
      > Engeström, Y., Miettinen, R. & Punamäki, R-L. (Eds.) (1999).
      Perspectives on
      > Activity Theory. Cambridge University Press.
      > Gay, G. & Hembrooke, H. (2004) Activity-Centered Design. MIT Press.
      > Nardi, B. (ed.) (1996) Context and Consciousness. MIT Press.
      >
      > I am also emailing you a copy of my paper on activity modeling.
      >
      > --Larry Constantine, IDSA [mailto:lconstantine@...]
      > Director, Laboratory for Usage-centered Software Engineering (Lab-USE)
      > Professor, Department of Mathematics & Engineering
      > University of Madeira, Funchal, Portugal
      > Chief Scientist, Constantine & Lockwood, Ltd.

    • stefan.blomkvist
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 14, 2006
        Hi Jason,
        I wrote a course paper on the subject Activity-theory and Personas a
        few years ago. I have recently updated the article and it is published
        here:
        http://www.it.uu.se/research/publications/reports/2006-049/

        There is a short introduction to activity-there, and some references to
        soures on the subject.

        //Stefan