RE: [agile-usability] References on Activity Theory, Activity Analysis, Activity Centred Design?

  • Larry Constantine
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 2006
      Jason,

      I would start with:

      Engeström, Y., Miettinen, R. & Punamäki, R-L. (Eds.) (1999). Perspectives on
      Activity Theory. Cambridge University Press.
      Gay, G. & Hembrooke, H. (2004) Activity-Centered Design. MIT Press.
      Nardi, B. (ed.) (1996) Context and Consciousness. MIT Press.

      I am also emailing you a copy of my paper on activity modeling.

      --Larry Constantine, IDSA [mailto:lconstantine@...]
      Director, Laboratory for Usage-centered Software Engineering (Lab-USE)
      Professor, Department of Mathematics & Engineering
      University of Madeira, Funchal, Portugal
        Chief Scientist, Constantine & Lockwood, Ltd.

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 3, 2006

        How about Acting with Technology?

        http://tinyurl.com/hm63v

        --- In agile-usability@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Constantine"
        <lconstantine@...> wrote:

        > Jason,
        >
        > I would start with:
        >
        > Engeström, Y., Miettinen, R. & Punamäki, R-L. (Eds.) (1999).
        Perspectives on
        > Activity Theory. Cambridge University Press.
        > Gay, G. & Hembrooke, H. (2004) Activity-Centered Design. MIT Press.
        > Nardi, B. (ed.) (1996) Context and Consciousness. MIT Press.
        >
        > I am also emailing you a copy of my paper on activity modeling.
        >
        > --Larry Constantine, IDSA [mailto:lconstantine@...]
        > Director, Laboratory for Usage-centered Software Engineering (Lab-USE)
        > Professor, Department of Mathematics & Engineering
        > University of Madeira, Funchal, Portugal
        > Chief Scientist, Constantine & Lockwood, Ltd.

      • stefan.blomkvist
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 14, 2006
          Hi Jason,
          I wrote a course paper on the subject Activity-theory and Personas a
          few years ago. I have recently updated the article and it is published
          here:
          http://www.it.uu.se/research/publications/reports/2006-049/

          There is a short introduction to activity-there, and some references to
          soures on the subject.

          //Stefan