RE: [agile-usability] are UI people part of the development or customer team?...

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2006
      Message

      I believe we need to soften all these boundaries.  I've
      seen many combinations, including people working part
      time as customer, part time as developer.  Expertise
      is where you find it.  Sometimes it makes the pay
      structure difficult, but ultimately the customer meets the
      costs anyway, so why sweat it?  Some people have
      problems keeping the concerns separate in their minds,
      but I'm not sure how important that is as long as all
      the decisions are good.

      -- Alain:
      I agree. Design is not about optimisation. It's about balancing partially conflicting needs. And it's hard to balance things that you are not aware of. The more people are at least aware of the various factors that make software a success, the better their decisions will be.