Re: Innovation Games -- A new book on customer driven innovation

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 28, 2006
      In support of what Luke's doing: we at ThoughtWorks have incorporated
      a number of Luke's Innovation games into what we do on a regular
      basis with our clients. Some of our people have been working with
      the games long enough that they've started improvising and
      combining. For example a common session to run is a Futurespective -
      a cross between a traditional Agile retrospetive and Luke's Remember
      the Future game.

      The book is an excellent toolkit for people wanting to involve
      customers and end users collaboratively and productively in an Agile
      context. It takes a huge step forward from just asking "what should
      the product do?"

      thanks,

      -Jeff

      --- In agile-usability@yahoogroups.com, "lukehohmann"
      <LukeHohmann@...> wrote:

      > Dear friends - I'm sending this message to let you know that my new
      book
      > on customer driven innovation, Innovation Games: Creating
      Breakthrough
      > Products Through Collaborative Play
      > <http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0321437292/sr=8-
      1/qid=1154967822/ref=p\
      > d_bbs_1/104-3000056-6284705?ie=UTF8> is now available. Innovation
      > Games(sm) are a set of proven techniques for working with small
      groups
      > of customers to create higher value products and services. They are
      > means of fueling innovation by understanding what your customers
      really
      > want. They have used by companies such as QUALCOMM, Emerson Climate
      > Technologies, Wyse and Ticketmaster as well as by father's seeking
      > better understand what their daughters wanted in a new car. The book
      > describes each game, and in a practical manner shows how to plan,
      play,
      > and post-process the results of the game. I'd like to thank Jeff
      > Patton, owner of this group, for giving me permission to post this
      > announcement. Regards, Luke Hohmann | CEO | Enthiosys, Inc. |
      599
      > Dawn Drive | Sunnyvale, CA 94087
      > Innovation Through Understanding
      > cell: (408) 529-0319 | lhohmann@...
      > <mailto:lhohmann@...>
      > www.enthiosys.com <http://www.enthiosys.com/> | Join the
      Innovation
      <http://www.enthiosys.com/forum>
      > Author of "Beyond Software Architecture: Creating and Sustaining
      Winning
      > Solutions" and "Innovation Games: Creating Breakthrough Products
      Through