RE: [agile-usability] Personaes and Scenarios vs User Roles and User Tasks

  • Jon Meads
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 24, 2006
      A User Role is a generalized description of a user relative to the functions and goals for that user. It often includes information on the organizational position of the user, the activities and responsibilities, goals and measures relative to their use of the product, what training, skills, and experience they are expected to have, and what tasks they perform. A user role is not and individual - a given individual may interact with a product in several user roles.  Often you will have one or more personas associated with a given user role.

      Cheers,
      jon