Re: [agile-usability] Mouse Abuse [Was: Designing for incremental delivery vs. big-bang delivery]

    Message 1 of 102 , Aug 1, 2004
      On Sat, 2004-07-31 at 04:26, Ron Jeffries wrote:
      > I have in recent months encountered two or three people who didn't know
      > that when you are in a pull-down state box, and trying to get to, say,
      > Michigan, you don't type MI, you type M, M, M until you get the one you
      > want. They were all delighted to learn this.

      That's an interation idiom I'm a little suspcious of; it only works when
      users are dealing with a fixed list of choices that they're very
      familiar with. It makes me crazy that Windows doesn't just let me type
      MI, acting as if what I really meant was to dart briefly to the first M
      listing and then jump back to the first I listing.

      Happily, I see that Mozilla is smart enough to support both modes.

      William
    • Phlip
      Message 102 of 102 , Aug 7, 2004
        Anthony Williams wrote:

        > I'm sure there's a variant on PNG that can animate
        > ..... checks ImageMagick
        > docs ..... MNG.
        >
        > IIRC, Mozilla has optional MNG support.

        Thanks; I made a note of it. But InternetExploiter and
        Windows XP don't support MNG, so I can't use MNG
        without introducing new systems.

        =====
        Phlip

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail