Google Platform/Product Development Survey

  • rickchapman53
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 17, 2006
      Google Platform/Product Development Survey

      Dear Colleague,

      This is the second in our series of questionnaires about ISV use of
      Google's many facets.

      We are looking to see how closely ISVs have taken Google to their
      hearts, and we're sure you'll be as interested in the results as we
      are.

      The previous survey focused on the use of Google for promotion (such
      as AdWords). In this survey we are asking ISVs taking advantage of
      Google tools and APIs to provide commercial or non-commercial
      software or services.

      We hope you will be able to help us with this ground-breaking survey,
      and will continue to respond today and when the final survey appears.

      Everyone who supplies data for this survey will receive a
      complimentary copy of the initial results. Of course, all responses
      will be strictly confidential. We won't disclose or identify data
      about any individuals or about participating companies.

      Please be sure to answer all the questions; otherwise we can't send
      you a copy of the results.

      The survey is at http://www.softletter.com/survey/google2.htm

      Survey results will appear in our July 31 issue.

      We encourage you to pass this along to your colleagues in the
      industry who want to participate and will find this information
      valuable.

      Many thanks for your help!

      Don Rosenberg, editor
      Softletter/Software Success
      919 Monmouth Avenue, Durham, N.C. 27701
      919/687-4172 don@...
    • Peter Boersma
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 18, 2006
        Hello Don,

        rickchapman53 said:
        > This is the second in our series of questionnaires about ISV use of
        > Google's many facets.
        [..]
        > We hope you will be able to help us with this ground-breaking survey,
        > and will continue to respond today and when the final survey appears.

        Maybe this was done on purpose, but I would have appreciated a clue as to
        whether ISV stands for what I think it stands for (Independant Software
        Vendor) and a description of the intended audience of the survey (I received
        it on the agile-usability list).

        I am neither an ISV (I work as an experience designer for a web design
        agency in The Netherlands), nor actively practicing agile development, so I
        thought I'd better not respond...

        Peter
        --
        Peter Boersma | Senior Experience Designer | Info.nl
        Sint Antoniesbreestraat 16 | 1011 HB | Amsterdam, The Netherlands