RE: [agile-usability] Interaction design rules of thumb - do they exist?

    Message 1 of 42 , Jul 11, 2006
      Message
      ! was mostly expressing my high level of frustration about Web apps in general which I believe are much worse than traditional non web applications (and that’s not much to say).

      -- Alain:
      Obviously you haven't used NRC's time tracking system, which is not a web-based app (it's SAP based) ;-).

      But I agree with you that web apps in general seem less usable than their offline counterparts. That COULD be due to what you mention, i.e. the fact that you need to have to go through complex hoops in order to achieve basic levels of interaction that are a lot easier to implement in non Web applications.  But I'm not sure. Many offline apps are written in C/C++ and we all know the hoops you have to jump through to make those work! Most web apps are implemented using languages that don't require you to spend half your time chasing pointer bugs ;-).
      -----
    • Chris Pehura
      Message 42 of 42 , Jul 14, 2006
        For me, I found sequence diagrams work well. Buy it may just be my style.

        Chris Pehura
        chris@...
        630-696-8101