RE: [agile-usability] Interaction design rules of thumb - do they exist?

  • Tobias Mayer
    Message 1 of 42 , Jul 10, 2006
      Jeff, John,
      I am not in favour of "rules of thumb" either, but in this particular case would one of you provide a concrete example of when it would NOT be a good idea to restrict the data entry to only digits (with a maximum of 8 characters).  I'm having a difficult time imagining when or how this restriction would be considered a hinderence.
      Tobias

      Jon Meads <jon.meads@...> wrote:
      Jeff,

      Regardless of what the developers would like, the correct answer remains, "it depends". Anyone seeking who wants to use "rules of thumb" instead of appropriate user studies will risk turning out substandard, if not unusable, designs. But if you want to check out guidelines, I recommend http://www.usability.gov/

      Hope all is well - give a call if you are up Seattle way.

      Cheers,
      jon

                 Jon Meads, Usability Architects, Inc.

      Designing the User Experience
                 425-827-9296, jon@...

      Message 42 of 42 , Jul 14, 2006
        For me, I found sequence diagrams work well. Buy it may just be my style.

        Chris Pehura
        chris@...
        630-696-8101