Agile Journals

  • Thomas Memmel
    Message 1 of 3 , May 24, 2006
      Hi all,

      have you heard of the "international journal of agile and extreme
      development" from Inderscience? I am searching for journals on agile
      development where I can publish research papers. Any recommendations?
    • Ron Jeffries
      Message 2 of 3 , May 24, 2006
        On Wednesday, May 24, 2006, at 11:36:17 PM, Thomas Memmel wrote:

        > have you heard of the "international journal of agile and extreme
        > development" from Inderscience? I am searching for journals on agile
        > development where I can publish research papers. Any recommendations?

        That journal appears to be just starting up: I just got an email
        from the chief editor, inviting me to be on the editorial board. As
        you can see on the web site, their journals are quite expensive: I'm
        not sure how well thought of they are in general. We can be pretty
        sure that the readership on this one is now quite low ... on the
        other hand they'll be looking for material and someone has to start.

        A good alternative for now might be to publish as part of one of the
        major Agile conference proceedings. You'd show up in the 2007 ones
        now, I'd imagine.

        Papers might also be submitted to ACM or IEEE for publication.
        Neither has a journal focused directly on Agile, as far as I know,
        but they surely have appropriate places for anything you might write.

        Then there is the Agile Alliance web site, where papers can be
        published with probably greater exposure but less in the way of
        academic credit, and similar less formal site for the Scrum
        Alliance, all the way down to web sites like mine.

        Ron Jeffries
        www.XProgramming.com
        Do only what is necessary. Keep only what you need.
      • PaulOldfield1@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , May 25, 2006
          (responding to Thomas)

          >> (Thomas)

          size=2>> have you heard of the "international journal of agile and extreme
          >> development" from Inderscience? I am searching for journals on
          >> agile development where I can publish research papers.
          Any
          >> recommendations?
          >
          > (Ron)
          > Then there is the Agile Alliance web site, where
          papers can be
          > published with probably greater exposure but less in the
          way of
          > academic credit, and similar less formal site for the
          Scrum
          > Alliance, all the way down to web sites like
          mine.

          I've received an academic citation for a paper published on my
          own (shared) website, so in some respects it's the quality and
          originality of the content that matters.  I'd go for a refereed
          journal if you need to maximise citations though.  I can't
          expand on the list of those already mentioned, except there
          are some organizations that commission work for their
          own publications (usually reports for sale so that probably
          doesn't fit the bill).

          Paul Oldfield