Re: self promotion and user scenarios

    Message 1 of 5 , May 15, 2006
      --- In agile-usability@yahoogroups.com, leina elgohari
      <leina_elgohari@...> wrote:

      > Hello Jeff,
      > A very well written article.
      Thank You!

      > However are you missing a trick here?
      > I do remember someone saying that Activity Theory could be the
      answer to your problem.

      I generally try to write from some center of experience - before I
      suggest that someone use user scenarios and give a little guidance on
      how, I'd better have written them myself on several projects in
      several contexts and have a some founded belief that they deliver
      benefits and some tactical advice on how to get started.

      Activity theory is an interesting thing on the horizon for me. Links
      like those Larry just posted will help me get up to speed on the
      subject. If I can get the basics into my head of hwo it works, I can
      then come of with something tactical I can do on a project to
      leverage activity theory. Either that or steal some of the
      techniques that someone like Larry will likely publish shortly. ;-)

      So, I ignored activity theory because I just didn't have anything
      sensible to say about it.

      Does anyone listening have a story about how leveraging activity
      theory afforded them the opportunity to do something tactically
      different on a particular project?