Re: [agile-usability] On the Communication between Planner, Designer, and Developer

  • Jared M. Spool
    Message 1 of 26 , May 11, 2006
      At 06:41 AM 5/11/2006, Adrian Howard wrote:
      >Oh yes, I quite agree. It's more a question of nomenclature. Once you
      >add a bunch of application specific detail to them is it really right
      >to carry on calling them patterns? Haven't they then lost the generic
      >nature that the name implies?

      I guess I was thinking about large applications, where design elements
      (such as date input or user login) may repeat themselves multiple times in
      a variety of contexts. I would think patterns would be ideal in this scenario.

      I agree that for small applications, it's probably overkill. But for a
      suite of small applications, it could be useful.

      Jared

      510 Turnpike Street, Suite 102, North Andover, MA 01845
      978 327-5561 jspool@... http://www.uie.com
      Blog: http://www.uie.com/brainsparks