RE: [agile-usability] Talk in Montreal?

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 15 6:24 AM
      Message
      Great stuff guys! I'm looking forward to meeting you all in person.

      Jeff and I are also organising for a talk at the Montreal XPAgile user group. This will be held some evening during the week, probably Tuesday so as to not conflict with the other CHI social events.

      I'll send details once they are finalised.

      Alain

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 17 1:30 PM
        Here's a longer abstract on the "Agile Development: opportunity or Fad?"
        panel:

        "The importance of integrating software engineering and HCI methods has
        been recognised for many years. Agile development is a new approach to
        software engineering that explicitly champions an active role for the
        customer. Indeed, eXtreme Programming (XP), one of the most popular
        agile development methods, strives to include a real user(s) in the team
        who is located 'on-site' with software developers.

        In this panel we will debate whether or not agile software development
        provides an opportunity to integrate HCI and software engineering
        concerns. The panel members represent a wide cross-section of
        experiences in this area and will consider how agile development can
        help improve the current situation, consider specific example scenarios
        provided by the audience, and, with the audience's help, will decide
        whether agile development is an opportunity not to be missed, or just
        another fad that will pull the two communities further apart."

        I'm on the "agile development is an opportunity not to be missed" side
        myself.

        I'd love to get together for some Agile discussions which at CHI.

        Lynn Miller