RE: [agile-usability] Talk in Montreal?

  • Suleman Shahid
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 14, 2006
      Hi,
      yea it would be nice to have 'agile' sitting during lunch. I will be there as well for a week.

      and what is your opinion about the panel "Agile Development: opportunity or Fad"?

      cheers!

      Suleman

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 15, 2006
        Not much is provided in terms of description beyond that it is a panel on Agile Development. It conflicts with my course so I won't be attending it. Hopefully, the course attendees won't be either. :-)

        Cheers,
        jon

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 15, 2006
          Message
          Great stuff guys! I'm looking forward to meeting you all in person.

          Jeff and I are also organising for a talk at the Montreal XPAgile user group. This will be held some evening during the week, probably Tuesday so as to not conflict with the other CHI social events.

          I'll send details once they are finalised.

          Alain

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 17, 2006
            Here's a longer abstract on the "Agile Development: opportunity or Fad?"
            panel:

            "The importance of integrating software engineering and HCI methods has
            been recognised for many years. Agile development is a new approach to
            software engineering that explicitly champions an active role for the
            customer. Indeed, eXtreme Programming (XP), one of the most popular
            agile development methods, strives to include a real user(s) in the team
            who is located 'on-site' with software developers.

            In this panel we will debate whether or not agile software development
            provides an opportunity to integrate HCI and software engineering
            concerns. The panel members represent a wide cross-section of
            experiences in this area and will consider how agile development can
            help improve the current situation, consider specific example scenarios
            provided by the audience, and, with the audience's help, will decide
            whether agile development is an opportunity not to be missed, or just
            another fad that will pull the two communities further apart."

            I'm on the "agile development is an opportunity not to be missed" side
            myself.

            I'd love to get together for some Agile discussions which at CHI.

            Lynn Miller