Talk in Montreal?

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 14, 2006
      Hi everyone,

      Will anyone from this list be in Montreal in April for CHI 2006? I will.
      If anybody else is going, maybe we could arrange to meet at some point.

      Alain
    • Aviva Rosenstein
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 14, 2006
        I'll be there. Sounds like a great idea.

        Last year the folks from this list met for an Agile lunch; it'd be fun to do
        that again. There's all kinds of interesting stuff going on with Yahoo's
        Agile experiment in the past year -- I'd be happy to share it informally
        when we're there.

        Aviva

        ___________________________
        Aviva Rosenstein, PhD
        Manager, Design Research
        Yahoo! Media Group
        Yahoo! Inc.
        2450 Broadway, 6th Floor
        Santa Monica, CA 90404
        Direct line: (310) 907-2797

        ________________________________

        Will anyone from this list be in Montreal in April for CHI 2006? I will.
        If anybody else is going, maybe we could arrange to meet at some point.

        Alain

        Usability testing
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Usability+testing&w1=Usability+testing&
        w2=Usability&w3=Agile+software+development&w4=Agile+development&c=4&s=93&.si
        g=Lq9LzHOR6YRi-lf0j4B6dw> Usability
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Usability&w1=Usability+testing&w2=Usabi
        lity&w3=Agile+software+development&w4=Agile+development&c=4&s=93&.sig=PVbhEk
        H6SIuzHMpGgwL25w> Agile software development
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Agile+software+development&w1=Usability
        +testing&w2=Usability&w3=Agile+software+development&w4=Agile+development&c=4
        &s=93&.sig=JG8w5gzRWtYA_eGc8BIx7A>
        Agile development
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Agile+development&w1=Usability+testing&
        w2=Usability&w3=Agile+software+development&w4=Agile+development&c=4&s=93&.si
        g=D3toDTlyTOUpo9SpurF4ZA>

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        ________________________________
      • Jon Meads
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 14, 2006
          I'll be there from Sunday evening to Friday morning but will be presenting a
          full-day tutorial on "Usability & Product Development". Part of the tutorial
          will address how to integrate Usability Engineering and Agile Development.

          Since the conference program goes through to 6 PM, a breakfast or a lunch
          might be best for meeting.

          Cheers,
          jon

          Will anyone from this list be in Montreal in April for CHI 2006? I will.
          If anybody else is going, maybe we could arrange to meet at some point.

          Alain

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Suleman Shahid
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 14, 2006
            Hi,
            yea it would be nice to have 'agile' sitting during lunch. I will be there as well for a week.

            and what is your opinion about the panel "Agile Development: opportunity or Fad"?

            cheers!

            Suleman

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 15, 2006
              Not much is provided in terms of description beyond that it is a panel on Agile Development. It conflicts with my course so I won't be attending it. Hopefully, the course attendees won't be either. :-)

              Cheers,
              jon

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 15, 2006
                Message
                Great stuff guys! I'm looking forward to meeting you all in person.

                Jeff and I are also organising for a talk at the Montreal XPAgile user group. This will be held some evening during the week, probably Tuesday so as to not conflict with the other CHI social events.

                I'll send details once they are finalised.

                Alain

                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 17, 2006
                  Here's a longer abstract on the "Agile Development: opportunity or Fad?"
                  panel:

                  "The importance of integrating software engineering and HCI methods has
                  been recognised for many years. Agile development is a new approach to
                  software engineering that explicitly champions an active role for the
                  customer. Indeed, eXtreme Programming (XP), one of the most popular
                  agile development methods, strives to include a real user(s) in the team
                  who is located 'on-site' with software developers.

                  In this panel we will debate whether or not agile software development
                  provides an opportunity to integrate HCI and software engineering
                  concerns. The panel members represent a wide cross-section of
                  experiences in this area and will consider how agile development can
                  help improve the current situation, consider specific example scenarios
                  provided by the audience, and, with the audience's help, will decide
                  whether agile development is an opportunity not to be missed, or just
                  another fad that will pull the two communities further apart."

                  I'm on the "agile development is an opportunity not to be missed" side
                  myself.

                  I'd love to get together for some Agile discussions which at CHI.

                  Lynn Miller