Re: Easy way to develop wizards without a developer?

  • Dave Churchville
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 26, 2006
      Well, the first question I'd have is:

      What kind of wizards are you talking about? What would they do? What
      information would they capture?

      That's sort of the key to this discussion, philosophy aside.

      It is possible to do a "data driven" model where there is a canned set
      of actions, and a way to configure data (in a database, or in a file)
      that at runtime shows nice wizards screens, and does the right actions.

      Naturally, the potential success of this appraoch is strongly tied to
      the problem set.

      But all of this will involve a developer initially, at least. THe
      benefit would be that you could add new wizards to automate certain
      combinations of common tasks, as long as those were already available
      in the infrastructure (read: pre-programmed by a developer and exposed).

      --Dave
      http://www.extremeplanner.com/blog

      --- In agile-usability@yahoogroups.com, Jerome Ryckborst