Examples of sucessful combined Agile-UCD projects?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16, 2006
      Hi,

      It's been a while since the formation of this group. A couple years
      ago I didn't know of any companies sucessfully using Agile approaches
      in concert with user centered design approaches. Since then I've
      encountered a couple noteable success examples in particular Alias
      [http://www.agile2005.org/XR19.pdf%5d and LanDesk
      [http://www.incent.com/resource/pdf/XPUniverse2004.pdf%5d. For me a
      good example of success would be an environment where the product
      design, development, and testing were all done comfortably
      incremental.

      Over the last couple of years I've run into dozens of UCD/Ux
      practitioners that have at least started to use Agile approaches in
      their environment. By now I suspect that some have been at it a year
      or so, which may be long enough to both work out kinks and get over
      the initial honeymoon period many agile projects enjoy. By now I'd
      hope some organizations have sucessfully combined UCD/Ux design and
      testing ideals with Agile development value systems and incremental
      development and release approaches arriving at an Agile-Ux process
      that works well in their context.

      Is that true?

      If you're currently working in an Agile environment that's
      sucessfully integrated UCD/Ux involvement, I'd love to hear from you
      with details.

      As the membership of this group edges toward 700, I've noticed from
      the messages I see as people join that the majority of the group are
      actually practicing UCD/Ux/UI/Usability people, many at large
      prominant organizations. If you've figured some things out, there's
      a few hundred people out there that would love to hear from you as
      well.

      Thanks everyone,