RE: [agile-usability] just one bug's enough to make a program useless

  • Larry Constantine
    Message 1 of 23 , Jan 4, 2006
      Alain wrote:

      > By their nature, bugs cannot be caught by design. They can only be
      > caught after the buggy implementation has been implemented. This is one
      > of the great advantage of early delivery and TDD. They allow you to get
      > actual running software in the hands of users early, and catch bugs
      > early on in the process.

      Many bugs (both code bugs and usability defects) can be avoided by effective
      design practices and found prior to having running software through
      inspections and walkthroughs. Multiple research studies and extensive
      practice have shown inspections to be more cost effective than is testing
      for finding and eliminating bugs (both kinds).

      --Larry Constantine, IDSA [mailto:lconstantine@...]
        Chief Scientist | Constantine & Lockwood, Ltd.