Re: Doing UCD exercises remotely

  • Ron Vutpakdi
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 17, 2005
      <alain.desilets@n...> wrote:

      > I need to do a lightweight UCD exercise à la Jeff Patton with a
      client in the Canary Islands (5 hour time difference).

      > Has anyone had experience with this? What works what does not?
      >
      > I was thinking of using something like WebEx with desktop sharing,
      and use some kind of virtual stickies software (ex: HottNotes or
      StickyNotes).

      Probably not something that is easily affordable, but we've used
      SmartBoards from Smart Technologies with some success to help
      facilitate sessions between different offices. SmartBoards are
      basically whiteboards that are also linked to a virtual whiteboard.
      You draw on the whiteboard with special pens, and what you draw is
      captured electronically and shown on the virtual whiteboard (and
      projected onto the physical whiteboard with a projector.

      Multiple sites can be sharing the same whiteboard at the same time and
      all can manipulate. Those without SmartBoards can still use the
      software to manipulate the whiteboard.

      An added benefit is that everything can be recorded and distributed
      via PDF.

      Here is a link: http://www2.smarttech.com/st/en-us/products/

      Not cheap, but very helpful.

      Ron