Agile Opportunity with Sabre in TX (permanent position)

  • Claudia Dragun
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 2005
      Hello All,

      My name is Claudia and I'm a recruiter for Sabre in
      Southlake, TX. Sabre is seeking a "performance guru"
      - an architect or very senior-level engineer to join a
      newly created performance group. The team works
      across all of Sabre's systems and applications and
      does forecasting and modeling for them.

      The position description is below. Please email me
      if you or anyone you know may be interested.

      Thanks!
      Claudia

      End-to-End Performance Engineer - Southlake, TX

      About the Company:

      My client connects people with the world's greatest
      travel possibilities by retailing travel products and
      providing distribution and technology solutions for
      the travel industry. This company has
      approximately 9,000 employees in 45 countries.

      Position Description:

      • Establish and apply basic end-to-end performance
      management processes for products and applications
      which make use of multiple systems and platforms.
      Basic performance management processes include:
      · performance risk and impact assessment;
      · application design to meet performance requirements;
      and
      · performance tuning.

      Performance management processes will be based on
      industry-proven best practices but tailored to Sabre's
      business and technology environment.

      • Mentor and guide development teams in applying
      these processes and best practices to reduce costs,
      improve responsiveness and reliably predict the
      performance of workloads that traverse many different
      systems and platforms.

      Critical Work Habits:

      • Comfortable performing analyses at a very high
      level of abstraction.
      • Naturally curious with a desire to investigate
      and solve problems.
      • Communicates easily and develops rapport with
      technicians, managers and executives.
      • Resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as
      well as practical ways.
      • Effectively documents issues, proposals,
      decisions and processes.
      • Normally receives little instruction on
      day-to-day work and only general instructions or
      requirements for new assignments.
      • Works well within a team to learn, analyze,
      transfer knowledge, mentor skills and collaborate on
      solutions.
      • Learns new concepts, processes and tools quickly.

      Minimum Job Requirements:

      • 5+ years experience developing or managing 24x7
      applications or systems
      • 2+ years experience each in using two or more
      operating systems
      • 1+years experience using base SAS
      • Proficient in statistical analysis techniques
      • Proficient in statistical analysis and graphing
      using Microsoft Excel
      • Performance measurement and monitoring tool
      experience

      Highly Desirable Skills:

      • Diverse operating system, software,
      infrastructure and tool experience
      • Agile and/or UP development methodology
      experience
      • Modeling using UML
      • Experience integrating tools across multiple
      platforms.

      Compensation:

      My client offers a generous base salary commensurate
      with experience,
      plus a comprehensive benefits package which includes
      outstanding
      health benefits; financial security plans that include
      a 401(k)
      program and an opportunity to purchase stock at a
      discount; time off
      such as vacation and holidays; tuition reimbursement;
      continuing
      technical training opportunities; a casual work
      environment and
      flexible work arrangements. The headquarters campus
      offers employees
      a range of amenities from a health and fitness center
      to corporate
      cafeteria and on-site convenience center.

      Eligibility:

      Candidates must be eligible to work legally in the
      United States
      without sponsorship assistance.

      --
      Claudia Dragun