Applied Biosystems Job Opportunity : Software Methodologist
- Applied Biosystems is Foster City is looking for a Software
Methodologist. Anyone interested in this opportunity please send
your resume to diasse@.... To learn more about us
visit our website at www.appliedbiosystems.com
Job Description for Software Methodologist
Major Responsibilities :
The Software Methodologist will report directly into the Software
Engineering Support Department under the Global Services and Supply
Chain. He/she will report directly to the Software Engineering
Process Group (SEPG) Manager. This is an excellent opportunity for
an individual who is interested in effecting change/transformation.
He/she will act as a role model and mentor on software methodology,
standards, technical, strategy, quality, and change leadership
performing the following duties (not limited to):
* Management of Software Process and Documentation
* Manage the Software Engineering manual and all related
documentation. This includes facilitating meetings in regards to
updates to the software process, manual and supporting documentation
(e.g. Use Cases, Functional Specifications, etc). This person will
be responsible for writing and updating all related software
* Be a member of the Software Council to evaluate all projects
application of the software iterative process: ensure appropriate
adoption and generation of documents to support the software life
cycle as defined in the Software Engineering Manual.
* Work directly with the Software Metrics lead to ensure appropriate
metrics are incorporated into the Software Process.
* Develop and manage the best practices library.
* Mentorship on Software Methodology
* Establish AB's Agile/Iterative Development mentor program. At
least initially, be the primary mentor for all projects attempting to
use the iterative development process. Mentorship includes providing
guidance to projects on how to apply specific iterative development
tools such as release planning.
* Be the go-to person for all software process-related questions.
* Support other AB Departments
* Work directly with the Program Management Office (PMO) to ensure
all Software related documents are maintained accordingly in the PMO
* Work directly with Validation and Verification; and Quality Systems
Departments to ensure the Software Process is meets appropriate
* Work directly with Finance to provide feedback on how software
costs is accounted for and how decisions are made based on such
* Software Process Excellence
* Lead and/or participate in Software Process Excellence Projects
* Bachelors Degree required. Masters Degree preferred or appropriate
level of training. Software Engineering or related discipline.
* 5+ years of "hands-on" experience in Agile/Iterative Development
project management or related role
* 2+ years as an Agile methodology coach and/or Scrum Master
* Expert level understanding of application development,
infrastructure and software engineering.
* Hands-on experience in writing or participating in the drafting of
use cases, user stories, test cases, functional specifications and
other related software documentation.
* Hands-on experience with establishing Design Reviews.
* Proven track record of implementing and sustaining Agile
methodologies and related best practices.
* Broad understanding of SDLC, testing, portfolio and project
* Desired experience in instrument development, device development,
life sciences, software development in a regulated market.
* Desired experience in Java development
* Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts
* Knowledge of Process Improvement methodologies including Six Sigma.
* Experience in presenting to all levels of management
* Experience in working in software cross-functional teams