RE: [agile-usability] Specifying Colors vs System Colors

  • Cummins, Darin
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 13, 2005

      This is a good article.  To put it in to the terms of the article, our application falls into the “sovereign” category.  My post compared “sovereign” and “transient” where I believe sovereign applications can and maybe should be branded where transient applications definitely should adhere to a look that the user is experiencing when running other transient applications.

      --Darin

      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 13, 2005
        Is usability agile?

        If so (and I hope so!) then at the risk of sounding nerdy, the Cooper and Reimann book, About Face 2.0, is a pleasure to read when you're bored. Each chapter pretty much stands alone, and there's SO MUCH of interest to developers who care about the user interface.

        -=- Jerome

        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 13, 2005
          Message
          I haven't read "About" Face, but I have read "The Inmates are Running the Asylum" and I can say that what that book proposes is as far from agile as can possibly be. In fact, towards the end of the book there is a nice little diagram that looks dangerously like the good old waterfall model.

          I could rant on for hours about this, but that's bad for my health ;-).

          Alain Désilets, MASc
          Agent de recherches/Research Officer

          alain.desilets@...
          Tél/Tel (613) 990-2813