The Data: Adoption / Effectiveness of Agile Methodologies

  • Brooks, Thomas
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2005

      Hi folks.

      I’m just wondering if there is any empirical or analyst data on the adoption and effectiveness of Agile methodologies in various types of organization.  It’s clear that there are advocates, detractors, critics and zealots on all sides, so I’m thinking empirically here.

      Specifically, I’d be interested in data or stories of Agile in the development of enterprise products with a large, diverse customer base and/or the development of product suites that must share common user experience attributes.

      Feel free to contact me offline, to point to references or to engage the group.

      Thanks much!

      Thomas Brooks

      Senior Usability Engineer

      Captaris

      thomasbrooks@...

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 15, 2005
        Message
        I saw an interesting presentation by Khaled El-Emam about this, and he has kindly agreed to publish his slides:

        The work was based on interviews with people from a number of small S/W dev teams.

        The full report from this study is also available from Cutter (but it is not free I am afraid):

        http://www.cutter.com/cgi-bin/catalog/store.cgi?action=link&sku=APMRV04N11

        Best regards,

        Khaled