Re: [agile-usability] Examples of usable web-based UIs

  • Henry
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 15 3:43 AM
      Message
      Jade,  Alain

      I am not downplaying web based application, in my view, web technologies has a great role to play in certain type of applications,  which includes applications like Amazon, Google, Expedia, etc...

      you can call these application "content driven"

      In my view, "Enterprise Application" are "process driven", for example applications such as payroll, patient records, shipping tracking, cost analysis, credit scoring, insurance, accounting, foreign-exchange trading (I took this list from Martin Fowler's patterns for enterprise application architecture)

      If your intention is only the CRUD, web based technologies might work,

      Again, I am not saying, we can't develop enterprise application using web
      but when you come out the browser boundary, you can identify a limitless possibilities for innovation

      www.henryjacob.com
      Solution Architect, IonIdea
      Bangalore INDIA

      *** Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible. ***