ANN: The Six Million Dollar Customer Tutorial at OOPSLA 2005

  • Angela Martin
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 8, 2005
      Hi,

      We would like to announce that we are running a tutorial entitled "The Six Million Dollar Customer" at OOPSLA 2005.

      This tutorial will introduce you to practices that will increase the effectiveness of "the customer" on your XP project. Customers have one of the most complex and difficult roles on a project, yet XP includes very few practices that support the customer in their role—other than prescribing how they interact with the developers. Over the last three years, we have investigated many projects around the world to identify how customers succeed in this complex and difficult task—discovering not what people think should have happened, but what really happened and what actually worked! This tutorial will present a consistent set of practices, skills, and characteristics that are crucial to ensuring your customer role, and thus your XP project, will be successful.

      If you would like further information on this tutorial please see - http://www.oopsla.org/2005/ShowEvent.do?id=120 or email me directly.

      Cheers,
      Angela

      --

      A n g e l a   M a r t i n
      P h D   C a n d i d a t e

      Elvis Research Group
      School of Mathematics, Statistics & Computer Science
      Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
      p : +64 21 668 511
      e : angela@...
      w : http://www.mcs.vuw.ac.nz/~angela/

      Sign-up for our tutorial "The Six Million Dollar Customer" at OOPSLA 2005 - http://www.oopsla.org/2005/ShowEvent.do?id=120
    • Keith Nicholas
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 12, 2005
        good to see other NZers will be at OOPSLA  :-)