ANN: XP DAY in Washington DC, September 24th 2005

  • nkhanna_01
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2005
      Hello everyone!

      Diaspar Software, Digital Focus and ProjectSuccess would like to
      announce that we are co-hosting XP Day DC 2005, a 1-day eXtreme
      Programming conference to be held in the Greater Washington DC area
      September 24th, 2005. For those who prefer browsing a website instead
      of reading plain text, visit: http://www.xpday.info

      If you are looking for an opportunity to learn more about Extreme
      Programming without having to spend an entire week at a large
      international XP conference, XP Day DC fits the bill. XP Day is a
      one-day event with activities for anyone interested in Extreme
      Programming, whether you're:

      * A programmer who has heard about XP and wants to find out more.
      * An executive wondering how XP can improve the contribution your
      software organization makes to the bottom line.
      * A manager looking for ways to increase your team's effectiveness.
      * A skeptic, hoping to challenge the most experienced and outspoken XP
      practitioners.
      * A programmer itching to experience a real XP project room.
      * An experienced practitioner, hoping to share ideas with other
      experienced practitioners.

      For those of you who missed out on Agile 2005, this would be an
      excellent opportunity to meet, attend tutorial sessions and even work
      with some of the XP community's most notable practitioners.

      XP Day events are interactive!

      - Tutorials

      We are fortunate to have respected leaders of the XP community
      providing world-class instruction in the fundamentals of XP. Check
      out our website for bios!

      * Bill Wake, keynote.
      * J. B. Rainsberger will provide an introduction to XP.
      * Jeff Nielsen will show you an XP approach to communicating
      requirements.

      - Open Space

      You can collaborate intensively with both local and invited advanced
      practitioners on issues that challenge you most. If the tutorials
      don't cover it, you can work through your burning questions in Open Space.

      - Panel Discussion

      We are pleased to invite clients of Digital Focus to share their
      stories about How XP Has Changed Our Lives. To get a head start on
      your company's transition to XP, or to find out more about the
      benefits and pitfalls of adopting XP practices, ask those who have
      experienced it!

      - Project Room

      If you're looking to dive in and immerse yourself in XP, join the XP
      Project Room, where you'll have the opportunity to work on project
      with respected experts. Not sure what's going on? No problem! Join the
      project any time and someone will bring you up to speed quickly, just
      like on a real XP project!

      If you're looking for more information, visit our website:
      http://www.xpday.info

      If you have any questions with regards to this event, please don't
      hesitate to contact me at the email address listed above.

      Hope to see you all there!

      Niraj.

      P.S. Please note that I would like to post this message twice more
      before the conference. To the moderator(s) of this group, your
      understanding and support would be greatly appreciated.