Re: [agile-usability] Re: AJAX, Rich Internet Apps & Agile Usability

  • John Kordyback
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 27, 2005
      It is relatively easy to put JSUnit tests into an automated build, although the reporting of results is more difficult when compared to JUnit or NUnit. I thinks AJAX works well since it is the Controller for  MVC - and simple business logic can be seperated into testable *.js files for testing.

      I thinks it is important technology since our customers are becoming accustomed to this behaviour and are expecting it as part of their user experience. Secondly, it is fun. I never underestimate a new technology when it is fun.

      /qb

      On 7/26/05, Jeff Patton <jpatton@...> wrote:
      --- In agile-usability@yahoogroups.com, "grahamastles" <gastles@p...>
      wrote:
      > What tools do you use to test Javascript?  Does it really do a good
      > job?   Something in the JUnit family?

      I've used JSUnit to test JavaScript with great success.  The last
      project I was on, we had hundreds of JSUnit tests, along with a very
      full JavaScript object model.  As much as it shocks and pains me to
      say this, JavaScript, when well tested, isn't a half bad language.

      http://sourceforge.net/projects/jsunit/

      cheers,

      -Jeff

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS