RE: [agile-usability] top down, or bottom up?

    Message 1 of 36 , Apr 22, 2005
      Well, my note was about the nature of the decision
      making. I did not mean to imply anything about the
      plan duration or scope, or the frequency between
      planning sessions.

      -- Alain:
      I guess I read "sticking to the plan" as meaning that everything is planned upfront and developers just implement it.

      If what you meant is that developpers should stick to the plan for the current iteration, then I totally agree. Staying on task during an iteration is very important.
      ----

      The only point I was trying to make is that if
      developers are deciding what to build on their own,
      despite having a plan in place, then something is
      wrong, and it's the champion's job to get everyone
      back on the same page.

      -- Alain:
      I agree.

      I would add that if the Ux experts design on their own without input from developpers, they are missing some important information about what is easy or hard to implement. Therefore they will miss important opportunities for making their design easier to implement while staying usable.
      ----
    • Glen B Alleman
      Message 36 of 36 , May 8 9:55 AM
        Alistair,

        Crystal has a variety of options. Others are narrower. Few are as broadly
        based as your approach. I'm more focused on specific development method that
        move outside their "sweet spot" leaking into other areas - off the sweet
        spot. I see this not as an issue of the method but it's application. Mis
        applied CMMI, mis applied XP, mis applied TOC.

        Glen