RE: [agile-usability] Digest Number 156

  • Baker, Lisa
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2005
      Aviva - I will also be at CHI in Portland and would love to get together
      and chat business.
      I'm staying across the street at the Red Lion. I am scheduled to do a
      SIG with Karen Holtzblatt on Thursday 11:30-13:00, but I don't have hard
      plans otherwise.
      I look forward to meeting you.
      Lisa

      Lisa Baker
      Interaction Design Lead
      LANDesk Software, Inc.
      Lisa.baker@...
      801.208.1315

      "Simplifying our customers' work"

      From: "Aviva Rosenstein" <aviva@...>
      2. Re: Agile Usability at CHI 2005 in Portland?
      From: Mike Kuniavsky <mikek@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 09:43:01 -0800
      From: "Aviva Rosenstein" <aviva@...>
      Subject: Agile Usability at CHI 2005 in Portland?

      Hi everyone-

      The company I work for has started an experiment with Agile development
      this
      year, and I've been fortunate enough to be assigned to one of the pilot
      Agile projects. I definitely embrace the theory and values behind Agile,
      but
      putting them into practice (and blending the approach effectively with
      our
      existing user centered design practice) has been a real challenge.

      I'll be attending CHI 2005 in Portland next month
      (http://www.chi2005.org)
      and will be staying at the Hilton. Would anyone be interested in meeting
      for
      breakfast or lunch one day during the conference to share ideas on how
      usability, user research and design can inform Agile development, and
      how
      Agile can improve the design process?

      If so, please respond to me with suggested dates/times. We can also post
      notice about the gathering at the conference.

      Aviva

      ___________________________
      Aviva Rosenstein, Ph.D.
      Design Researcher
      aviva@...

      Yahoo!, Inc.
      701 First Avenue
      Sunnyvale, CA, 94089-0703
      ph: 408.349.5895

      Message: 2
      Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 13:16:29 -0800 (PST)
      From: Mike Kuniavsky <mikek@...>
      Subject: Re: Agile Usability at CHI 2005 in Portland?

      I'll be in Portland for CHI (I can't help it: I live in Portland ;-) and

      I'd like to meet others who will be attending.

      On Fri, 25 Mar 2005, Aviva Rosenstein wrote:

      > Hi everyone-
      >
      > The company I work for has started an experiment with Agile
      development this
      > year, and I've been fortunate enough to be assigned to one of the
      pilot
      > Agile projects. I definitely embrace the theory and values behind
      Agile, but
      > putting them into practice (and blending the approach effectively with
      our
      > existing user centered design practice) has been a real challenge.
      >
      > I'll be attending CHI 2005 in Portland next month
      (http://www.chi2005.org)
      > and will be staying at the Hilton. Would anyone be interested in
      meeting for
      > breakfast or lunch one day during the conference to share ideas on how
      > usability, user research and design can inform Agile development, and
      how
      > Agile can improve the design process?
      >
      > If so, please respond to me with suggested dates/times. We can also
      post a
      > notice about the gathering at the conference.
      >
      > Aviva
      >
      > ___________________________
      > Aviva Rosenstein, Ph.D.
      > Design Researcher
      > aviva@...
      >
      > Yahoo!, Inc.
      > 701 First Avenue
      > Sunnyvale, CA, 94089-0703
      > ph: 408.349.5895
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      > click here
      > [rand=408618038]

      Service.

      --
      Mike Kuniavsky
      mikek@...

      This email, and any files or previous email messages included with it, may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender and delete all copies.