Agile Usability at CHI 2005 in Portland?

  • Aviva Rosenstein
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 25, 2005
      Hi everyone-

      The company I work for has started an experiment with Agile development this
      year, and I've been fortunate enough to be assigned to one of the pilot
      Agile projects. I definitely embrace the theory and values behind Agile, but
      putting them into practice (and blending the approach effectively with our
      existing user centered design practice) has been a real challenge.

      I'll be attending CHI 2005 in Portland next month (http://www.chi2005.org)
      and will be staying at the Hilton. Would anyone be interested in meeting for
      breakfast or lunch one day during the conference to share ideas on how
      usability, user research and design can inform Agile development, and how
      Agile can improve the design process?

      If so, please respond to me with suggested dates/times. We can also post a
      notice about the gathering at the conference.

      Aviva

      ___________________________
      Aviva Rosenstein, Ph.D.
      Design Researcher
      aviva@...

      Yahoo!, Inc.
      701 First Avenue
      Sunnyvale, CA, 94089-0703
      ph: 408.349.5895
    • Mike Kuniavsky
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 25, 2005
        I'll be in Portland for CHI (I can't help it: I live in Portland ;-) and
        I'd like to meet others who will be attending.

        On Fri, 25 Mar 2005, Aviva Rosenstein wrote:

        > Hi everyone-
        >
        > The company I work for has started an experiment with Agile development this
        > year, and I've been fortunate enough to be assigned to one of the pilot
        > Agile projects. I definitely embrace the theory and values behind Agile, but
        > putting them into practice (and blending the approach effectively with our
        > existing user centered design practice) has been a real challenge.
        >
        > I'll be attending CHI 2005 in Portland next month (http://www.chi2005.org)
        > and will be staying at the Hilton. Would anyone be interested in meeting for
        > breakfast or lunch one day during the conference to share ideas on how
        > usability, user research and design can inform Agile development, and how
        > Agile can improve the design process?
        >
        > If so, please respond to me with suggested dates/times. We can also post a
        > notice about the gathering at the conference.
        >
        > Aviva
        >
        > ___________________________
        > Aviva Rosenstein, Ph.D.
        > Design Researcher
        > aviva@...
        >
        > Yahoo!, Inc.
        > 701 First Avenue
        > Sunnyvale, CA, 94089-0703
        > ph: 408.349.5895
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        > click here
        > [rand=408618038]

        Mike Kuniavsky
        mikek@...
      • Aviva Rosenstein
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2005
          Anyone who is interested in discussing Agile and UX while in Portland, please meet up at the Yahoo! booth in the exhibit hall by 1:15 on Wednesday April 06. We'll be heading out in search of lunch from there.

          If you get held up and miss us, just ask the booth staff for my contact information.

          looking forward to seeing folks in Portland!

          Aviva Rosenstein

          > Aviva Rosenstein, Ph.D.
          > Design
          Researcher