RE: [agile-usability] Naming the thing (was "user centered design overlaps with traditional analysis?)

  • Larry Constantine
    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 25, 2005
      Jamie wrote:

      "Absolutely. I use software to accomplish tasks. I want the software to
      work. I want to get the job done efficiently and move on. Makes me want to
      reread "Software for Use"."

      Go for it! :-) I'll even autograph your copy.

      I am increasingly convinced that mainstream user-centered design has drifted
      off target, although I get brickbats every time I dare to suggest this in
      public. I did stick my neck out recently in the Cutter IT Journal in a
      provocative article called "Beyond User-Centered Design"
      (http://www.cutter.com/offers/userdesign.html).

      --Larry Constantine, IDSA
      Chief Scientist | Constantine & Lockwood Ltd | www.foruse.com