7695Re: [agile-usability] scope of UX

    Jun 14, 2014
      On 12 Jun 2014, at 18:07, Ray Dahl ray.dahl@... [agile-usability] <agile-usability@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      > 2. There is often mistrust between a UXD and marketing and sales teams. Their views of the world are different (qualitative/quantitative, segment/user, satisfaction/sales). I have had more than one sales or product manager that really doesn’t understand or care about the user experience but rather just getting the next release out the door or making sales goals.

      I’ve also seen multiple instances of UX folk wilfully ignoring or running around marketing and sales despite them offering valid and useful information and advice. The stereotypes of marketing sales folk just being focussed on numbers and sales, to the expense of the user experience, are about as accurate as the stereotypes of UX being about making things pretty!

      That is to say both stereotypes exist - but they’re a long way from what many practitioners do.

      If only there was some group who could get all of the people together in some sort of balance ;-)

      adrianh@... / +44 (0)7752 419080 / @adrianh / quietstars.com
      - Interviewing Skills workshop Edinburgh http://bit.ly/InterviewJun18 -
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic