7681Re: [agile-usability] There is no UX, there is only UX

      On 17 Feb 2014, at 23:05, jinnes@... wrote:

      > While it sounds great in theory that everyone owns UX, the reality is that that’s a recipe for disaster.

      Interestingly I’ve found that the reality is often a success. Leisa seems to have too. I wonder why the differences ;-)

      > What's better is that everyone cares about UX, and there are adequate resources dedicated to getting UX work done at a high level of quality. Great user experiences take a lot of work and are the result of craftsmanship. Craftsmanship is rarely the outcome of something you do as a side job.

      The problem that I see again and again is not people trying to do tasks that they’re incompetent to perform. It’s competent people failing because they’re not willing to listen, or work with others, or are aligned with different goals from everybody else, or ...

      And those problems seem to start disappearing once you move to more people owning the UX, and UX experts taking a more servant leadership / facilitation / co-operative roles - rather than having centralised UX groups who own all of the work.

      adrianh@... / +44 (0)7752 419080 / @adrianh / quietstars.com
      - Get the Agile & Lean UX newsletter here > http://bit.ly/agileleanux -
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic