7647Re: [agile-usability] Serendipity on anthrodesign mailing list

  • Tim Wright
    Jun 20, 2013

      On the other hand, lots of successfull products have been created by accident. The person who noticed them might not have had a "product idea or market in mind" - but they saw something and realised that there was one.

      My favourite was the person who was trying to cure malaria and accidentally invented a new colour - Mauve.

      Tim

      On 20 June 2013 20:51, Adrian Howard <adrianh@...> wrote:

      On 20 June 2013 09:46, Jon Innes <jinnes@...> wrote:
      I think we actually agree here. Understanding customer's problems is the key to design. That's not what I was talking about. I just question folks who do research with no idea how it applies to anything.

      If you don't have a target market or product idea in mind, then you should stay out of business.

      Can you give some examples of what you thinking about then - since I'm not sure what you're arguing against? Something seemed to have struck a nerve ;-)

      To me it feels like you're tilting against a straw man... I don't know of anybody in industry (in academia either come to that) who just able around observing things with no purpose in mind.

      Subscribe to the latest Agile & Lean UX news here > http://is.gd/KREt5S

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic