7614Re: [agile-usability] Origins of user stories

    Mar 27, 2013
      I'd question whether the role slot in user stories often gets used in
      that way. The use-case "role" and the user story "role" tend to be
      used fairly differently in my experience.

      We hit the same name - different usage problem again.

      They're normally much closer to customer archetypes / persona in my
      experience (indeed most agile ux folk I know who adopt the story
      format slot persona into the role hole).

      On 27 March 2013 12:03, William Hudson <william.hudson@...> wrote:
      > A role is a systemizing concept so really makes no allowance for needs of
      > the individual. Using it to represent users glosses over many of the
      > inter-role issues like role ambiguity, role incompatibility, role conflict
      > and so on. Of course, we have Ivar Jacobson and use cases to thank for
      > roles, and they're not entirely without merit, but someone filling role A in
      > one context of use may have quite different needs to someone filling the
      > same role in a different context.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > William

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic