7601Re: [agile-usability] Re: Origins of user stories

    Mar 26 4:40 AM
      On 26 March 2013 10:54, william.syntagm <william.hudson@...> wrote:
      > PS - Comments in the XP group about Jack Carrol's scenario-based design (and other HCI/UCD thinking) are not really relevant. I'm trying to find out where 'user story' comes from in the way we currently use it. If it did suddenly materialize in 1996, that's fine, but I'd like to be sure.

      Which brings me back to my question when you asked this on the CHI list ;-)

      What exactly do you mean by "user story". The C3 teams stories are
      fairly different from the way many folk structure user stories now...
      and IIRC they were called "Customer Stories" at that point.

      Scrum teams were sticking things on cards on walls before 96. Do they
      count as user stories?

      Hell - I was putting sh*t that need doing on cards in the 80's - which
      I copied from my Dad the engineer when I was a kid. Do they count as
      user stories?

      Which user story are you after?

      t. +44 (0)7752 419080 skype adrianjohnhoward pinboard.in/u:adrianh
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic