      From this the information is captured, organized by the team, and equal time has been given to each thought.

      Mike Dwyer, CST
      Principal  Agile Consultant

      BigVisible Solutions
      email: mdwyer@...

      Follow US on Twitter: @bigvisible

      "Planning constantly peers into the future for indications as to where a solution may emerge."

      From: agile-usability@yahoogroups.com [mailto:agile-usability@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Michael James
      Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 3:34 AM
      To: agile-usability@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [agile-usability] First post

      Meant to reply sooner.

      I usually teach teams that the problem with communication is the illusion that it's occurred.  Writing something together is a useful way of determining that we're "all on the same page" as you put it, even if the written artifact itself isn't valuable.  Even Agile teams that don't create unnecessary documents can use big pens on markerboards or flipchart sheets to help visualize common understanding.  So I support your effort to get them to slow down a little and go outside their previous comfort zone with this.

      On Oct 3, 2012, at 12:57 PM, strugglingdesmond <joegrant413@...> wrote:

      Thanks for your response!

      We do have stories, written in a "gherkin" or "Given / When / Then" format. These are used by QA, and to drive development.

      What motivated my first post is the frustration with the flurry of verbal communication with nothing written even temporarily to be sure we are all on the same page. This bothers me the most when we are talking through what the user does and UI behaviors.

      The team seems allergic to anything written. Except for the gherkin stories.

      -- SD

      --- In agile-usability@yahoogroups.com, "Holm, Stefan" <stefan.holm@...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      > I can understand your frustration. ...
      > How is with the testers in the project? Do they not have need of written requirements in order to be able to make test cases?
      > Stefan Holm | Usability Designer | Sogeti
      > Phone +46 (0) 8 53 68 20 00 | Mobile +46 (0) 709 52 02 18
      > stefan.holm@...<mailto:stefan.holm@...>
      > Svetsarvägen 4, Solna Business Park | P.O. Box 1399 | 171 27 Solna | Sweden
      > www.sogeti.com<http://www.sogeti.com/> / www.sogeti.se<http://www.sogeti.se/> / www.sogeti.no<http://www.sogeti.no/> / www.sogeti.dk<http://www.sogeti.dk/> / www.sogeti.fi<http://www.sogeti.fi/>
      > [sogeti_varmred_32mm_rgb_72dpi] [branschbast_SveBastaArbGiv_80px]

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic