7495Re: Agile User Research

  • brett.christenson
    Mar 6, 2012
      So I am moving forward with User research and with everyone's advice I plan to do interactive test of users. However in an effort to structure this process I was wondering if anyone has a research template they use to preform tests and capture results? This will be very helpful when presenting findings to teams. Having a template for UX team members helps standardize this process and ensure the correct information is gathered and documented.
      I can also see where this would be very beneficial is when testing with same user from one sprint to another as improvements are made to the UI.

      Along the agile principal guidelines I do not want to have a 300 page document created after test just something to assist team. Google search for User Research template has not produced many results that I find very helpful.

      Thanks again to everyone

      --- In agile-usability@yahoogroups.com, Adrian Howard <adrianh@...> wrote:
      > Hi folks,
      > On 15 Feb 2012, at 17:38, gregc wrote:
      > [snip]
      > > Just to reiterate, I'm not knocking quantifiable research. I'm a big advocate of it. And you will want to use it. But I don't think it's effective to apply for every change in every sprint and in the usage scenarios you mentioned, I just want to make sure you're not overlooking the good old fashioned qualitative methods of going deep with a smaller sample of customers.
      > [snip]
      > A general +1 to that. On reading Brett's description the first thing that seemed an obvious lack was going out and talking and doing interactive tests real users.
      > Doing that frequently gives me much more bang for my buck than surveys and questionnaires. Not that they don't have value too - but setting things up to get lots regular direct user interaction is what I'd do first.
      > Cheers,
      > Adrian
      > --
      > http://quietstars.com adrianh@... twitter.com/adrianh
      > t. +44 (0)7752 419080 skype adrianjohnhoward del.icio.us/adrianh
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic