7484Re: [agile-usability] Agile User Research

    Feb 16, 2012
      Hi folks,

      On 15 Feb 2012, at 17:38, gregc wrote:
      [snip]
      > Just to reiterate, I'm not knocking quantifiable research. I'm a big advocate of it. And you will want to use it. But I don't think it's effective to apply for every change in every sprint and in the usage scenarios you mentioned, I just want to make sure you're not overlooking the good old fashioned qualitative methods of going deep with a smaller sample of customers.
      [snip]

      A general +1 to that. On reading Brett's description the first thing that seemed an obvious lack was going out and talking and doing interactive tests real users.

      Doing that frequently gives me much more bang for my buck than surveys and questionnaires. Not that they don't have value too - but setting things up to get lots regular direct user interaction is what I'd do first.