7463Re: [agile-usability] Re: UXI Matrix

  • Peter Gfader
    Feb 7, 2012
      Hi Jon

      Interesting idea.

      My 2 cents...

      >>agile and UX methods evolved for different purposes, supporting different values. Agile methods were developed without consideration for UX best practices. Early agile pioneers were working on in-house IT projects (custom software) or enterprise software
      I think the close past and present shows us a different picture. A lot of software development companies embrace good UX from the beginning. And only those that do, are successful in the long run.

      >>UX matters more for consumer products
      I dont agree. UX matters for everone and everything. It is just harder to sell in software enterprises.
      2 selling points might be:
      #1 Money savings in customer support (Less phone calls, less support staff).
      #2 Customer satisfaction (harder to measure and sell... I agree)

      In my experience, it is very valuable to have a UX guy on the Scrum Team form the beginning. This way he ensures great UX (maybe by using the UXI Matrix).

        .peter.gfader. (current mood = happy!)

      On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 9:10 PM, kerrykimbrough <kerry@...> wrote:

      Jon, my 1st reaction to your UXI matrix concept is that no Scrum team I've ever seen would use it. No one wants to fuss with this much analysis and data entry. And, if the team is using Rally or similar tracking tools, there is zero interest in data that's not in the tool.

      My 2nd reaction is that this matrix misses the point. What we need is good flow. We need work to arrive at each point in the flow completely ready for the next step. Devs don't want to fuss with your measures of UI design readiness. They want it to be ready.

      We already know the waterfall flow, with its big hopeless handoffs, doesn't work. Instead, we seek a more continous and incremental flow. But I don't see how the UXI matrix contributes.