7370Re: [agile-usability] [agile usability] Paper Prototyping

      On 15 Aug 2011, at 04:17, <john@...> <john@...> wrote:
      [snip]
      > I changed the subject line, so this is no longer a thread-jacking :-)
      >
      > We use lots of things for paper prototyping. If the interface is not
      > too interactive, I'll use balsamiq mockups printed out and cut into
      > pieces. Sometimes we'll use a whiteboard and post-it notes -- in which
      > case the interface is all drawn larger-than-life. For more interactive
      > things, we are lucky enough to have a developer reporting to our UX team
      > whose entire job is to build prototypes for us. Of course, there are a
      > lot of us sharing him, so we don't always get access.

      I'm going to niggle and say that if you're not using paper then what you're doing is just plain old "prototyping" :-)

      > I'm happy to also recommend Carolyn Snyder's excellent book, "Paper
      > Prototyping" -- you can see the website at
      > http://www.paperprototyping.com/

      I second that recommendation.

      I'd also recommend Todd's "Prototyping: A Practitioner's Guide" (http://t.co/LjQS4Ie) as a good read. It has some good things to say about the different things you get out of prototyping at different levels of fidelity.