7122Re: [agile-usability] agile + ux in a mobile development environment?

  • Marius van Dam
    Jun 9, 2010
      Hi Roger,

      That would have to be Nokia: they practice Scrum and pay a lot of attention to UX as well.

      See these two job postings:
      "You will be responsible for defining interaction patterns and behaviours and the information architecture for complex web based applications. Up to date usability principles and the ability to work in an agile product development environment are key."

      Familiarity with performing UX design in an agile program development.

      Unfortunately I've never found any good links on how exactly UX and Agile are combined at Nokia, so if anyone know about any interesting case studies about that I'd be interested as well!

      Regards,

      Marius
      ---

      2010/6/8 rogerwingo <neener@...>

      Hello,

      This is my first post to the list so apologies in advance if this is the wrong place or has been covered before. I'm a (relatively new) UX practitioner at an international mobile operator.

      We're trying to pitch a Agile + UX approach to an audience of software developers & managers. I'm able to find quite a few resources on best practices (e.g. parallel track approach, rapid iterative user testing), but what we're missing at this point are compelling case studies indicating that this combined approach is feasible for a large-scale international mobile company.

      Basically we are looking for a few examples of major software development companies that have successfully used Agile (specifically, Scrum) combined with user centered design activities. So far I've found case studies on ComputerWeekly.com, Microsoft (Video Games), and Autodesk, but so far nothing in mobile. Any anecdotes, links, etc. would be much appreciated!

      Thanks,
      Nina

      --
      Met vriendelijke groet,