7096Agile ux = zero or miminal upfront prototyping work?

  • samfmsutton
    Mar 24, 2010
      I'm a designer based in a developer heavy web development company. We started moving towards agile over the last year or so.

      One argument I'm facing at the moment is that wireframes etc seem like bureaucracy that gets in the way of writing stories and implementing them.

      I can understand that, although I'm not strict about this, and we have had really useful, positive discussions about decisions when we had wireframes to guide us.

      But what do you think? Is it better just to write stories, put live code out there and test the results and then refine, or have you had positive benefits from using wireframes or just basic mockups to think about the functionality beforehand?

      -Sam
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic