6714Re: [agile-usability] Linkedin Group on Agile and UX

  • chris chandler
    Jan 5, 2010
      Tim,

      Could you be more specific about "clearing the path for project success" means?

      In my organization, where the PMs are mostly working in the waterfall way, they handle project resourcing (we are an highly projectized internal agency and each team member bills their time by the hour... which is it's own kettle of fish...), so making sure the teams have who they need when they need them and resolving resource conflicts between different teams/projects is one "clearing the way" task PMs perform (again, specifically waterfall talk here).

      Since we do hourly billing, the PMs are also responsible for budgeting and accounting. They give regular financial reports to management about how the projects are "burning" against planned budgets.

      Both of these activities also feed into long range resource and budge forecasting.

      I'm not sure who on the "team" would take on these responsibilities in the Agile world.

      -cc

      On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Tim Wright <sambo.shacklock@...> wrote:

      In our organisation, Agile PMs are responsible for delivary of all "in scope" project outputs. This is different to a scrummaster who is responsible for effective functioning of the team (give or take a few sterotypes). Typically, tho, the PM is an outward facing role who is always talking to other PMs and stakeholders to clear the path for project success and the scrummaster helps the team follow the path.
      Tim
      On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 9:56 AM, Margaret Motamed <motamed@...> wrote:

      And we use yahoogroups!

      Seriously, I am currently the scrum master for our division's agile transformation (enterprise transition) team. And I hope to become a product owner for one of the dev teams. I am also a program manager, a card carrying PMP and now CSM too smile. I have previously people managed a team of ux folk. We set up our company's first usability lab and trailblased personas. But none of it took the first time. So that's why I'm listening here. I've been a business analyst. A sw dev. A hardware engr. A research team member. Etc.

      Think of us useful team members who are generally resourceful. And enterprise wide there are still project details to manage too

      Margaret
      Fledgling blog www.agiledreamer.com
      Margaret