6572Re: [agile-usability] New to Agile Usability

  • Adam Sroka
    Nov 15, 2009
      On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 12:49 PM, Elmohanned Ahmed
      <elmohanned_ahmed@...> wrote:

      > Hi All,
      >
      > We are an organization that started the move to agile about a year ago. Our usability team is quiet perplexed. We basically work in intranet web applications. Can anybody update on the typical role of a usability guy in a project? What does he do? When? Any details are welcome.

      Usability experts are indispensable on Agile teams. However, like most
      everyone else they have to accept a new way of working that is more
      collaborative and incremental. On Agile teams that I coach I ask the
      usability folks to work together with developers to make sure that
      features are created in a way that follows good usability/UX
      principles. I also ask usability folks to work with customers to
      ensure that the UI is acceptable, and to work with testers to make
      sure that the UI degenerates gracefully when exceptional things
      happen.

      The biggest challenge for a usability person new to Agile is that they
      don't get to design the whole UI upfront. They have to build a design
      incrementally, feature-by-feature, and go back and improve the design
      frequently to accommodate new uses.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic