5880Re: [agile-usability] Article on Design and Agile on A list Apart

  • Adam Sroka
    Dec 3, 2008
      On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 8:25 PM, Ron Jeffries
      <ronjeffries@...> wrote:
      > Hello, Adam. On Tuesday, December 2, 2008, at 4:53:02 PM, you
      > wrote:
      >
      >> Can it be that some projects create /sufficient/ value to justify
      >> their own existence but not as much value as is /possible/?
      >
      > Of course. All projects create less value than is possible. Many
      > create sufficient value.
      >
      >> And, what
      >> if a project provides sufficient value (to someone) without providing
      >> value in the form of working software?
      >
      > Then it wouldn't make much sense to have a software project would
      > it?

      Except that it is the Emperor's New Clothing. They have to believe
      we're selling something or we don't get paid. Software is the perfect
      thing to be selling, because no one is quite sure what it is (The
      magical stuff that the internet is made from.) And, everyone already
      expects us to fail (After all it's /really hard/.)

      I'm being cynical, and you don't have to join me. On the other hand,
      cynics are people who have seen how screwed up the world can be.
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic