      From: Dave Cronin [mailto:dave@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 11:15 AM
      To: agile-usability@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [agile-usability] Re: Could UI Engineering have lead to Wiki?

      In my experience, true invention is the spark that leaps across the gap
      which deductive/analytical thinking cannot. So in this way, there is no
      process to achieve invention.

      There are, however, many effective techniques for supporting the
      creative process by keeping it somewhat targeted, predictable and by
      tracking a solution's justification, fitness and ramifications.

      Supporting creativity with strong process and technique is critical if
      you consider yourself to be a professional at being inventive. The
      alternative is almost guaranteed churn and disorder. Which is (while
      possibly romantic to the "artist") not at all effective in the mostly
      rationalist world of design.

    • Show all 28 messages in this topic