      From: Desilets, Alain [mailto:alain.desilets@...]
      Sent: Friday, 3 September 2004 12:43 a.m.
      To: 'agile-usability@yahoogroups.com'
      Subject: RE: [agile-usability] Could UI Engineering have lead to Wiki?

      [Alain]

        > Unfortunately, the more usable solution is MUCH, MUCH, MUCH harder to
       > implement (remember: only 10 pages of code for the simple solution!), yet it
       > is *NOT* MUCH, MUCH, MUCH easier to use. So it makes sense to go for the
       > implementationally simpler solution.

      [Lauren]
      I think this is a very relevant comment.  would your user rather have a "pretty good" product (in terms of usability) now, or an "awesome" product in 3 months time?

      [Alain]

      I think you misunderstand what I meant by "MUCH, MUCH, MUCH harder to implement". The question is more:

      Would your user rather have a "pretty good" product now, or invest into one year of development with no assurance that the "awesome" product can be done?

      [Lauren] yes i did understand, I completely agree, i was going for best case - worst case of course is the product is no better and is delivered late! I imagined everyone would have realised this was not guaranteed.

    • Show all 28 messages in this topic